Fire damage in your home
Fire damage in your home can be a stressful event. Damage to your personal belongings and home are just some of the concerns you may experience. Timely response and thorough mitigation can alleviate these concerns. The first 24 hours can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. Our 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems.
We provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claim inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
What you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Shampoo carpets or upholstery
- Clean any electrical equipment
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor
SERVPRO of Centreville, Marion, and Selma understands your home is more than four walls. Your home includes your memories and personal belongings. We are trained in caring for both you and your home. By responding quickly with a full line of fire cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of Centreville, Marion, and Selma can help you restore your home and personal belongings.
Before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call SERVPRO of Centreville, Marion, and Selma, the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at 205-926-6010.