Dealing with Smoke and Soot
It's devastating to experience the chaos of a fire in your home. Not only is it difficult to deal with the loss, but the clean up too. If it is a small isolated fire, getting the area cleaned and repaired should be a priority.
The first thing to consider is the ash and smoke damage that occurred. These can lead to corrosion, discoloration and unpleasant odor. Getting ash and smoke cleaned up immediately will prevent any of these from leading to an even larger problem.
Take action and follow these steps if you find yourself handling the aftermath of a house fire.
1. Contact your insurance company.
2. Contact your local fire restoration company - SERVPRO of Centreville ,Marion and Selma
3. Take photographs of the damage.
4. Keep a record of all conversations with your insurance company.
5. Make a list of everything you lost or that was destroyed.
6. We can help guide you to someone to find a place for you and your family to stay while your restoration company cleans up your property.
So remember these steps for the next time you or a loved one is handling the aftermath of a house fire.